To increase understanding and individual and collective knowledge of all the built heritage of the Commonwealth and between its peoples and institutions.
To advance research, education, heritage skills and scholarship of the architectural, designed landscapes and engineering heritage of Commonwealth countries.
To encourage the conservation of all buildings and places of heritage interest by exchanging professional knowledge and expertise.
To facilitate the conservation of all the historic built environment by providing opportunities for learning, research, understanding, skills development and capabilities for all.
"Old buildings do not belong to us…
We are only trustees for those who come after us."
- William Morris
What we do
The CHF is supported by an International Advisory Committee representing the principal regions of the Commonwealth. As we expand, individual countries will establish their own national chapters under the global umbrella of the Forum.
Individual sponsors include
Andrew Fane OBE
Anne Chapman - Daniel
Organisations which share our aims include:
- Adam Architecture
- Asia - Scotland Trust
- BACSA (British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia)
- Bermuda National Trust
- British Council
- Caribbean Heritage Network
- Commonwealth Association of Architects
- Commonwealth Association of Engineers
- Commonwealth Association of Museums
- Commonwealth Association of Planners
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Commonwealth Walkway Trust
- Fiji National Trust
- Friends of the Georgian Society of Jamaica
- Heritage and Cultural Society of Africa
- Heritage Foundation of Pakistan
- Heritage Trust of Antigua & Barbuda
- Historic England
- ICOMOS (International Council of Monuments & Sites)
- ICOMOS Singapore
- Institute for Historic Buildings Conservation
- INTACH (Indian National Trust for Architecture & Cultural Heritage)
- INTO (International National Trusts Organisation)
- INTBAU (International Traditional Building Architecture & Urbanism)
- National Trust of Barbados
- Naval Dockyards Society
- The Heritage Alliance
- The Prince’s Foundation
- Peregrine Bryant Architects
- PUBLIC (People United for Better Living in Calcutta)
- SAVE Britain’s Heritage
- Seaforth Land Holdings
- South Georgia Heritage Trust
- Think City Malaysia
- Turquoise Mountain
- UK Antarctic Heritage Trust
- UK-St Helena Heritage Trust
- United Kingdom Overseas Territories Association
- University of the West Indies
- The West India Committee
"A nation’s culture resides in the
hearts and in the soul of its people."
- Mahatma Gandhi